Copyright protection faces unprecedented threats, in the form of electronic piracy. Are your business assets protected? Is your work as an author, or are your licenses, legally secured?
Audens' legal advice on copyright law is intended to prevent disputes, meet needs and plan actions to safeguard your assets and copyrights. We focus our service to fully protect you from the threats arising from new technologies and criminal actions concerning software, pictures, sound and audiovisual recordings... And, of course, we offer you the means to defend these rights through the courts.
- Litigation against copyright breaches, including actions for economic or moral damages. We draft licensing, transfer and assignment agreements, as well as recording or publishing contracts, among others.
Reaction to unlawful acts
- Advice in case that someone uses or alters your works without authorisation and against plagiarism. In particular on the Internet, by launching notice and take down procedures and seeking compensation.
- Assistance in the proceedings before the Second Section of the Spanish Intellectual Property Commission either as complainant, as a mere intermediary or as the person responsible for the infringement.
Royalties and collecting societies
- We negotiate the payment of royalties and other compensations, including obtaining licenses from Spanish collecting societies, such as SGAE, Promusicae or VEGAP.
- We handle applications for the registration of your works to the Spanish Intellectual Property Registries, as well as to the relevant collecting societies.